January 14, 2012

wedding on the brain

i am not a girl who has planned or even thought about my wedding since i was little. actaully, up until recently i didnt even see the need to get married. im just one of those who doesnt think a piece of paper can bound anyone to staying together forever, i think its up to the people in the relationship. however, circumstances change and unfortunatly, in our society, being married simplifies things. so were gettin' hitched! i have been engaged for only one week, but we plan on marrying within one month (feb. 14th to be exact) so i need to narrow down some things that i see important for our special day. i have to find a dress, accessories and make some decisions. i am not frantic about it, but i will probably order a dress from the states which will take 2 weeks to get here and if it will need alterations then thats another few days. so i need to get on it and order it, like now. i have decided i want a grecian style, maxi dress. something simple that i can dress up with a pretty flower crown. i will wear my hair down, wavy and natural and i will do my own make up and i apply it as i normally do. i want dekel to recognize me, plus i hate a bride who has overdone it. with my maxi dress i will wear nude pumps left over from my best friend molly's wedding and i will bring some cute sandals to wear on the beach afterward.

here is some of my wedding inspiration, if you will:
wedding photos
 flower crowns
wildflower wedding bouquet
relaxing 
via
 maxi dresses or skirt + top combinations
 via 
 via
 via

5 comments :

Anait said...

I love the way you're doing it!!! I'm doing just the opposite...taking a LONG time between the engagement and wedding...which my parents are not very happy about because in Armenian tradition the wedding comes a month after the engagement, just like you're doing!

Can't wait to read details, and I've sent you a letter with mine :) :)

And February 14? How perfect!! A Valentine's day wedding anniversary forever. <3

Anait said...

p.s. just saw your comment...so glad the package got to you, and glad you liked it!!! Just a few small things I thought you might like :) I've sent a letter, too, so keep an eye out for that!! xx

Tulips & Tulle said...

Great inspiration! I'd appreciate if you stopped by Tulips&Tulle soon!

Vivian said...

Beautiful inspiration, and quickly is the perfect way to do it.... I just know that with your amazing taste, you'll put something gorgeous together... can't wait to see! xx

Yarden said...

Mazal Tov!!!!
I'm so happy for you, and I'm so jealous of how you already know exactly what you want and how you want it!!! When my time to make these decisions will come I'll be SO confused, I have so many different visions of my wedding that it seems like HOW the hell you decide all these lifetimes things....?!?