October 28, 2014

looking through the lens

since receiving this camera for my birthday i've really been trying to expand my photography knowledge and actually understand what the different manual settings mean and do, without 'messing' with them and 'accidentally' capturing a great shot. so a few weeks ago i scooped up my notebook, a pen, my camera and lens and took a 4-hour beginner photography class here ($50 groupon, baby!) which was really informative, but now that i have some basic knowledge, i'm ready to practice in order to improve. 

luckily my sister, who i am usually always with anyway, loves modeling for me and in the photo-shoot below we wanted to showcase some new necklaces we acquired at the jj pearce pacesetter bazaar this past weekend. we took this one to our front yard and i focused on adjusting the aperture and exposure in my attempts at capturing some pretty shots. i love a good blurred background, which requires a wide aperture (low f-stop) so i did my best with my kit lens. 

tell me what you think!

mirelle's new turquoise, white & gold spiked necklace
bracelets made by us
 turquoise earrings: street vendor in mexico
 my new necklace, imported from guatemala
  mirelle's new boots, from target, similar

thanks for reading & i would love to hear any photography tips you have! :)

No comments :